1. What is your role at KYJO? And how long have you worked for KYJO?
I am a Welder for KYJO Steel, and I have been here for one year and seven months.
2. Describe your daily activities on the job at KYJO?
On a regular day, I often work on metal fabrication projects, operate the drill press/shear/hand tools/blaster as needed, as well as read and interpret a variety of drawings and weld symbols to complete jobs.
3. How did you first learn about KYJO?
I learned about KYJO through the Technical Training Group (TTG) pre-apprenticeship program. I was enrolled in the program and KYJO was my placement.
4. What have you gained from working at KYJO?
Working with this team, I have gained a multitude of knowledge and skills with various tools & equipment used in the fabrication of metal products.
5. What is on your wish list for the next 5 years with KYJO?
I would like to gain more experience and confidence to be able to produce the highest quality products fabricated by KYJO.
6. What is the favourite part about working for KYJO?
The atmosphere is laid back! Everyone is there to help one another to ensure projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
7. What is your proudest moment at KYJO?
The day I was hired as an apprentice was a big deal for me!
8. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I would love to be Gordon Ramsey’s menu tester but I am happy to be doing what I am doing right now!
9. What are 3 words to describe KYJO culture?
Customer Service and Excellence
10. What do you enjoy outside of KYJO? What are your hobbies?
On my days off, I really just love spending time with my family.
At KYJO Steel, we understand that our biggest strength is our dedicated team. They do everything in their power to make sure every client is more than satisfied and that we go above and beyond the standard with every project. We would like to introduce you to our valued employee, Matt Toth:Read More