1. What is your role at KYJO? And how long have you worked for KYJO?
I am a Metal Fabricator and a Brake Press Operator. I have been with KYJO for about three years now.
2. Describe your daily activities on the job at KYJO?
My job is pretty cool. I figure out how to take a 2D piece of steel and turn it into a 3D part!
3. How did you first learn about KYJO?
I previously worked for a KYJO customer and heard about the great work they do through them.
4. What have you gained from working at KYJO?
I have gained a lot of knowledge and skills…but mostly gray hairs from Luke.
5. What is on your wish list for the next 5 years with KYJO?
So many things….
6. What is the favourite part about working for KYJO?
I really love that we get to work with such diversity in parts and materials. It’s refreshing to work in a small shop with genuinely good people. Also…Heather’s baking and cooking aren’t bad!
7. What is your proudest moment at KYJO?
There have been many proud moments, mostly when Kent or Luke tells you that you have done a good job!
8. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I would love to be a museum tour guide at the Imperial War Museum or the Smithsonian.
9. What are 3 words to describe KYJO culture?
Busy, Dynamic, Fearless.
10. What do you enjoy outside of KYJO? What are your hobbies?
In my spare time, I enjoy reading, hiking the many trails and parks in Southwest Ontario, and travelling near and far with my wife (Australia next but that changes from time to time)
At KYJO Steel, we pride ourselves in not only providing the best results and service to our clients, but also in being a great place to grow a career. Don’t just take our word for it…take a look at what John Bergen, a KYJO employee has to say.Read More